Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

McDonalds Copy Cat Shamrock Shakes (lowfat version)

Side View


Top View..the green is more visible!

It used to be that I would eagerly anticipate the arrival of McDonald's Shamrock shakes. Those little gems of thick, minty coolness would make me smile. But, alas, came the time when I really tried to stop going to McDonald's because my demand for a higher quality of food overruled my love of those little gems. So, my smile returned when I came across this recipe on Yummly. Unfortunately, they seemed pretty high in fat and I wanted to play and see if I could get the fat down with keeping the taste. I think I was successful. The other thing is that it seemed that the mint flavor wasn't as strong in Yummly and I like the taste of mint in my shakes, so I set out to bump up the mint extract.

The original recipe called for soy ice cream and that made me cringe. I also wanted to try a low fat frozen yogurt and fat free milk, so that is what I did.

So, here we go:

Ingredients:

2 scoops vanilla low-fat frozen yogurt
1 1/4 cups fat free milk
1/2 t. mint extract
10 drops food coloring

Directions:



Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until processed. Pour into chilled shake glass and top with canned whip cream. Serve!!

No comments:

Post a Comment