Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Friday, March 9, 2012

Sugar Free Lemon Shake-up



I used to love going to the Sandwich Fair by my house every year. One of my favorite drinks was the Lemon Shake-up. The Lemon Shake-up is loaded with sugar though and I am no longer into that. Really craving one, I wanted to come up with something that would satisfy that craving. I developed this recipe and have one constantly made. I love serving these in the mason jar. There is something country about it. No calories and lots of fun!! I have no problem getting my water servings in each day!

*Note: I have also made these with lime, orange, pineapple,and  lime/mint muddled together.

Here we go:

Ingredients:

1/2 fresh lemon, juiced into a bowl (save rind)
1 packet sweetener
8 oz water

Directions:

1) In a mason jar or a container with a lid, fill a little more than half way with ice.
2) Pour lemon juice, water, lemon rind and sweetener in the jar and seal tight
3) Shake vigorously. Either pour into larger glass or serve as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment