Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Monday, March 26, 2012

Easy Crock Pot Salisbury Steak


Adapted: Allrecipes

My husband loves Salisbury Steak, especially if it has a thick gravy and is served alongside real mashed potatoes. I am not a fan of it because it normally calls for a higher fat ground beef. When I found this recipe in my "mailbox" though. I thought it had potential, especially because it called for crock pot cooking and it was made with low fat ground beef. I was even able to find a way to "lighten" it up even more. Even I enjoyed this recipe. It was even better the second day!

One thing that stood out for me as I read the reviews was that several reviewers spoke re: doing the majority of the prep the night before and threw it in the crock pot on their way out to work for the day. I could easily see it!

So, here we go with my adapted recipe!!

Ingredients:

2 pounds lean ground beef (4% fat)
1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed low fat cream of chicken soup
1 (1 ounce) packet beefy onion dry soup mix
3/4 cup water
Directions:

1) In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion soup mix, bread crumbs, and milk using your hands. Shape into 8 oblong patties.

2) Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Make sure oil is hot before use
3) Dredge the patties in flour just to coat, and quickly brown on both sides in the hot skillet.


4) Place browned patties into the 4 qt. crock pot stacking side by side.


5) In another bowl, mix together the cream of chicken soup, beefy onion dry soup mix, and water. Pour over the meat.


6)Cook on the Low setting for 5 hours, until ground beef is well done. Serve with mashed potatoes or egg noodles.



No comments:

Post a Comment