Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Ginger and Cilantro Baked Tilapia (Chicken)

Made with Tilapia


Made with chicken breast



I love Tilapia. The rest of my family...not so much. I can't even get my son to go anywhere near it. So, I am ALWAYS on the lookout for good Tilapia recipes. If they can also be made up to be made with chicken...even better.

I stumbled on this recipes on Pinterest and knew that I had to try it. thekitchn.com had originally pinned it and I am thrilled they did. It is a good one. I partnered with regular white rice which soaked up the sauce. I can't tell if it had more of a Mexican flare to it or an Asian one...but really, I don't care!

So, here we go!:

Ingredients:

1 pound Tilapia (or thin cut chicken breasts)
KOSHER salt and coarsely ground pepper
1.5 t. jarred garlic
1 T. chopped fine fresh ginger
1 jalapeno pepper finely chopped
1/3 cup rough chopped cilantro
1/4 cup whit whine
2 T. soy sauce
1 t. sesame oil
chopped green onion and chopped cilantro to garnish

Directions:

1) Heat oven to 475 degrees. Pat the fish/chicken dry and season lightly with salt/pepper. Place in a baking dish.

2) Put the garlic, ginger, jalapeno and cilantro in a food processor and add wine soy sauce and sesame oil. Process until blended.



3) Pour over fish/chicken and place in oven. Bake fish for 15 minutes. Going the chicken route? Cook for 25 minutes. Brush sauce over fish/chicken a couple of times during baking process.

Chicken ready for the oven

4) Serve over rice with additional green onions/cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment