Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Chilpotle Lime Grilled Chicken

Served with Mexican Rice


I don't know why I thought up this chicken recipe. I was laying in bed one night desperately trying to get to sleep and the ingredients just started coming to me. Lucky for me, I remembered it when I woke up in the morning! I did some tweeks and Voila (hmmm, that can't be right!), here it is! This recipe has a sweetness to it while popping with some spiciness. I have to keep my spiciness to a minimum because of my husband. If a more spicy chicken is desired, throw in an extra chilpotle pepper and another tablespoon of Adobo Sauce!

So, here we go!

Ingredients

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup Canola Oil
2 t. Adobo Seasoning (see my favorite seasonings)
3 T. FRESH lime juice
4 T Adobo Sauce with Chilpotle Peppers (chop one of the peppers and add to marinade)

1 t. oregano
1/2 large chopped onion
1 t. Agave nectar

Directions:

1) Place chicken breasts in a Ziploc bag and set aside.

2) Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over chicken.




3) Shake bag to ensure all breasts are covered with marinade and refrigerate for 8 hours

4) Grill as desired until chicken reaches internal temperature of 180 degrees. Serve with some lime wedges for extra lime taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment