Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Friday, May 11, 2012

Dutch Chocolate Wine Delight Coffee


Side View


Top View

Adapted: Cool Coffee Creamer Secrets-20 Homemade Coffee Creamer Recipes by Jeen van der Meer


As I have said many times, I love it when I am able to find little gem cookbooks on Amazon for free. This is one I stumbled on a while ago and have made several of the creamers out of it. Each has been fantastic. Although a couple of the recipes call for using non-dairy creamers, a product I am not thrilled with, there are a chunk which use other ingredients. The ones that use the non-dairy creamers, I would probably try to alter.

This is one of my favorite drinks out of the book.  I would easily make this drink for entertaining friends and it uses one of my favorite ingredients, ChocoVine Original Wine. I would consider this drink restaurant quality. On a side note, I made this drink with the original recipe and also with ChocoVine Raspberry. Both were delicious!


I have stayed very true to the original recipe.

So, here we go!

Ingredients:

2 Tablespoons ChocoVine Original Wine
1/2 teaspoon of Cocoa Powder
1/2 teaspoon Sugar
8 oz HOT Coffee (make sure it is very hot!!)
Whipped topping

Directions:

1) In a small bowl, combine the ChocoVine, cocoa and sugar. COMBINE THOROUGHLY!!



2) Pour into hot coffee and stir well. It should be really creamy.



3) Top with whipped topping and additional cocoa or sweetened cocoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment