Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Monday, August 13, 2012

Factory Workers Chicken



I have a ton of chicken thighs that I have been trying to get used up so I went on a recipe search and stumbled upon this one on Allrecipes.com. I was skeptical of this recipe at first, but figured I would give it a try. I am thrilled I did. This recipe was SO simple, I couldn't stand it. With 3 ingredients...please it was just too easy.

Looking for a side, don't throw out the marinade. Place in a sauce pan and BRING TO A ROLLING BOIL! Allow to boil for at least 5 minutes to kill any possible bacteria. Add 1 Tablespoon brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Pour over cooked rice and stir.

On a side note, if grilling isn't desired or an option, the chicken can be baked for 45 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

So, here we go!

Ingredients:

3 lbs chicken thighs
1 jar salsa, 10 oz
10 oz Italian dressing

Directions:

1) Place chicken thighs in a 9x13 glass dish or non-reactive bowl. Pour salsa and dressing over chicken. Cover with foil and place in the refrig.


2) Marinade for no less than 4 hours.

3) Either prepare grill or bake in oven until cooked to an internal temperature of 180 degrees.

1 comment: