Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ice Cream Brownies




Although it is only 36 degrees here right now, I can feel Summer in the air. The warm air, being outside with the sun beating down on me! Love it, Love it, Love it!!

I developed these little gems when I was trying to figure out what to make. I love ice cream sandwiches, but don't like the sticky mess of the "sandwich" part. I wanted a cookie that had a bit of a crunch, but could stand up to a boat load of ice cream being placed on it. What I was coming across cookie wise didn't rock my boat. I happened to be getting dinner ready, when I happened to see a box of brownie mix. The light bulb went off in my head. Why couldn't I use brownies? Brownies are firm and they certainly can stand up to a ton of ice cream being put on it! I couldn't use pan brownies though because I wanted them to be the same size, so then the decision was made to make them as cupcake. The result...Ice Cream Brownies that are flexible from low fat versions to any ice cream
s the baker desires. Finally, these little gems can be eaten as is or decorated for a entertaining dessert!

If a low-fat version is desired, simply make the low-fat version of the brownie which most commercially available brownie mixes and use low fat or fat free ice cream. Simple as that and they are made for pennies on the dollar compared to some of its' commercial competitors!

So, here we go!:

Ingredients:

1 box brownie mix
1 1/2 gallon ice cream...your desire (or I have used several different flavored pints)
FOIL Cupcake liners
12 Saran Wraps

Directions:

1) Prepare brownie mix as instructed on box.
2) Line cupcake pan with liners and divide prepared mix by 12 cups


3) Bake in a 350 degree oven for approx. 30-35 minutes. Check brownies with toothpick to ensure they are thoroughly backed.
4) Once baked, allow cupcakes to cool thoroughly.
5) Remove from foil wrappers, cut brownies in half and remove ice cream from freezer to let it thaw some so it is easier to work with.
6) Place brownie bottom on board and place 4 tablespoons (I use my 2 scoops of my large cookie scoop) of ice cream on bottom and top with brownie top. Mold ice cream and wrap very tightly with saran wrap.

4 Tablespoons of your favorite ice cream...top and then


wrap in Saran Wrap! Place in freezer for 4 hours

7) Freeze for 4 hours minimally. Serve as a sandwich or decorate as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment