Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Maple Dijon Chicken Breasts



OK..have to be honest, when I hear a blogger rave and rave about a dish they make, I am like "We'll see". Well, Wittyinthecity was dead on with this one! Originally called Man Pleasing Chicken, I went with Maple Dijon Chicken Breasts because I felt funny calling it by that name! Plus, it was pretty woman pleasing too! Even my 23 year old son who LOATHES any form of mustard loved this dish. Not only did this taste fantastic, but it made my house smell WONDERFUL! The fresh rosemary just sent it over the edge with yumminess! So, now I am one of those bloggers saying how dynamic my dish is. I guess I officially a food blogger!

Now. She did use boneless skinless chicken thighs while I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I would say whatever your pleasure is!

So, here we go!!:

Ingredients:

1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup Maple syrup
1 T. Rice Wine Vinegar
6 smaller b/s chicken breasts ( I used Purdue boxed chicken breasts) or 6 b/s chicken thighs
Fresh rosemary chopped

Directions:

1) Combine mustard, syrup and rice wine vinegar in a bowl.
2) Place chicken breasts in a 9x13 dish LIBERALLY SPRAYED WITH COOKING SPRAY!!
3) Pour sauce over chicken.


4) Place in a 450 degree oven and cook for 40 minutes turning over once.


5) Give each piece of chicken a swirl in the extra sauce to make sure it is well covered. When serving, sprinkle with the rosemary.

2 comments: