Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Recipe Review: Mock Thin Mints

Adapted: Budget Savvy Diva

In surfing Pinterest, as usual, I came across a recipe for Mock Thin Mints. I love Girl Scout's Thin Mints and couldn't wait to try these. Coming from a "budget" recipe site, I thought for sure that this would be a cheap and I have found that I am loving Ritz crackers in some of the dessert recipes I have tried.


Ingredients:

Simply~

2 packages of Andes Candy
24 Ritz Crackers

Directions:

Melt Andes in a double boiler. When melted, dip Ritz in melted chocolate, using a fork to turn it in the chocolate, until completely covered. Move to a cookie sheet covered with a sheet of parchment paper. Place in freezer until frozen-about 20 minutes.

Review:

The breakdown on this recipe was:

Andes Candy~ $4.00
Ritz Crackers~$.35
--------------------------
For a total of $4.35

Although the cookies were passable and good, I don't think they can be compared to Thin Mints. They are their own little entities. I didn't think they were that budget to make, esp for being "mock". Each batch resulted in 24 "cookies".  I don't know how much Thin Mints are, but I don't think it can be much more than that. Now, Budget Savvy Diva did mention that the original recipe was chocolate chips/chocolate with peppermint extract. I would like to try that and see if that comes out any cheaper!

2 comments:

  1. I'd have never thought to chocolate coat Ritz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do them as choc. covered peanut butter sandwiches. They are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete