Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Monday, February 20, 2012

Let the good times roll!!



I love Mardi Gras...always have and always will. I love the magic and mystery of it. I love the interaction of diverse groups of people with it. AND, of course, I love the food and drink of it. Mardi Gras is tomorrow and since I won't be heading to the Big Easy to celebrate it, I am bringing the big easy to little old Burlington, Illinois! Between today and tomorrow, all my posts will focus on Mardi Gras themed recipes for both food and drink.

On my menu:

Alcoholic Drinks:

New Orleans Fizz
DiSaronno Hurricanes
Bayou Bles (Blues)

Appetizers:

Cajun Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
Vegetables with a Peppery Dip

Main Dish:

Boudreaux's Zydeco Stomp Gumbo
Sweet corn bread cake muffins with honey butter (Recipe Review)


Desserts:

King Baby Cupcakes
Mardi Gras Kisses

I hope you come along for the ride and

2 comments: