Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Six Sisters' Recipe Review~ Sweet Cornbread Cake Muffins




Adapted: Six Sisters Stuff Blog
Original Link: http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/01/sweet-cornbread-cake-muffins-recipe.html

One of my Goodreads friends introduced me to the Six Sisters blog and I must say that I became hooked. I have made numerous of their recipes and all have turned out very well.  With today being Fat Tuesday and gumbo on the stove, I wanted to make a bread which would compliment the gumbo. I must say that this recipe intrigued me so I decided to throw it on the menu. The other thing that I liked about it was that it makes approximately 120 mini muffins, so, bonus, I have extra muffins to throw in the freezer, packed in individual meal amounts, for other dinners, such as chili.

Can I just say that once again, the Sisters did not disappoint! These muffins were sweet, moist and just downright good. They will accent my dishes well and will go into my breads rotation! So, A big thanks to the Sisters for an AWESOME recipe. On a side note, I did also make the honey butter posted on their site to go with my muffins. It was simple and took the muffins from *WOW* to *POW*

So, here we go...

Ingredients:

2 boxes Jiffy Corn Muffin mix
1 box Yellow Cake Mix

Ingredients  on back of boxes (water, eggs, oil, milk)...

Directions:

Place 2 boxes and 1 box cake mix in large bowl. Add each of the ingredients on the back of the boxes. For example, I used 5 eggs; 1 cup water; 2/3 cup milk; 1/3 cup oil.

Mix the ingredients together utilizing mix master according to the back of the cake box.

Use either a full muffin pan or a mini muffin pan. For full muffin, utilize cooking instructions on back of the box for the cupcakes. Mini muffins cook for 12 minutes.

NOTE: I did the mini muffins and, at first, used a prepared pan. Even with preparing the pan well, the muffins still stuck. As a result, I used mini muffin liners and was much happier with the outcome. I also made sure to use my small cookie scoop which is approximately 1.5 teaspoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment