I love, love love chicken in lemon sauce. It is actually one of my favorite dishes and this recipe was SO simple. My husband really enjoyed it too. I served it with a simple side salad and it made a wonderful dish for a really warm day.
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 t. Paula Deen House Seasonings
2 T Flour
1 T. Butter
1 T. Olive Oil
1/2 cup White Wine
1/2 cup Chicken Broth
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 large egg, beaten
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
1) Flatten chicken breast and sprinkle with PDHS and dredge in flour.
2) Heat butter and oil over high heat. Add chicken and saute until brown. Flip sides and cook for 3 minutes more.
3) Remove chicken to a oven proof dish and place in warm oven (170 degrees).
4) Add wine to pan and scrape brown bits. Boil to reduce wine by one half. Add chicken broth to pan and return to boil.
5) In a small bowl, whisk egg and lemon juice together. Pour into simmering pan whisking constantly until sauce is smooth and thickened.
6) Return chicken and its' juices to pan and allow to simmer flipping at least once through cooking time. Allow chicken to cook until thoroughly cooked. This should take about 15 minutes. Add Chopped parsley.
|Sorry for the color..the sun in my kitchen didn't want to cooperate!|
7) Serve chicken with pasta. Spoon sauce over the chicken and pasta.