This lasagna is so simple that I can make it anytime of the year. Unlike my deeply involved, homemade from the beginning lasagna, this uses either a jarred sauce or a previous prepared sauce. Plus, the lasagna noodles don't require precooking, which really helps in that prep time. I have been known to whip it up in the morning and toss it in the oven first thing home. Pair with a salad and garlic bread it is fantastic.
Although the recipe calls for ground beef, I prefer Italian sausage. It gives it much more of a punch.
So, here we go!:
1lb. ground beef or Italian Sausage
2-1/2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
1container (15 oz.) Ricotta Cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, divided
1jar (24 oz.) spaghetti sauce
12lasagna noodles, uncooked
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Brown meat in large skillet on medium-high heat.
3) Mix 1-1/4 cups mozzarella, ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan and egg until well blended; set aside.
4) Drain meat; return to skillet. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Add 1 cup water to empty sauce jar; cover with lid and shake well. Add to meat mixture; stir until well blended.
5) Spread 1 cup meat sauce onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish; top with layers of 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture and 1 cup meat sauce. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce and cheeses.
6) Cover with foil sprayed with cooking spray.
7) Bake1 hour or until heated through, removing foil after 45 min.
8)Let stand 15 min. before cutting to serve.