Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Cherry Lime-up (non-alcoholic)


One of my should be favorite sodas is diet Cherry 7-up. I like the hint of cherry in what I consider to be a pretty bland pop. But it has never kick me in the butt to say "WOW" what an awesome drink. I really like my drinks to be little to no fat or sugar, yet to taste as though they do. The cherry factor with the addition of maraschino juice really allowed it to pop!

I had a bottle of diet Cherry 7 up left over from a recipe I had made and didn't want it to go to waste, so determined, I threw this little thing together. As the weather gets warmer, this will now be a staple in my home. Even my husband enjoyed it and he isn't a fan of pop either.

This recipe is totally dependent upon your taste. Me...I like alot of lime, so I go with the whole lime juiced. You...might not. The thing is that this really makes for an alcohol free, kick back on the deck with a good book drink!

So, here we go:

Ingredients:

12 ounce can of regular or diet cherry 7-up
Juice of 1/2 or 1 lime (depending on your taste)~save lime rinds
1-2 T. Maraschino cherry juice
4 cherries

Directions:

1) Pour 7up, lime juice and Maraschino juice into a glass filled with ice.
2) Add the cherries and one of the lime rinds to the glass
3) Stir gently and enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment