Sometimes, my husband and I like to eat really light. Pasta partnered with a light tossed salad, we find is a really excellent way for us to go with this. I stumbled upon this one on Pinterest and was happy. It was unusual and I was able to pull some of the ingredients right out of my garden for extra freshness.
Now, I did make some adjustments to the recipe based on feedback from others who have wandered in to try it and this is what I came up with. All of it was gone by the end of the meal!
Just a note. I don't like a lot of sauce on my pasta so I doubled the ravioli. The original recipe calls for 1 bag of cheese ravioli. If you love your sauce, simply make the one bag!
1 or 2 (20-oz.) package(s) refrigerated four-cheese ravioli
1 (16-oz.) jar sun-dried tomato Alfredo sauce
5 tablespoons white wine
2 medium-size fresh tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, pour Alfredo sauce into a medium saucepan.
- Pour wine into sauce jar; cover tightly, and shake well. Stir wine mixture into saucepan.
- Stir in chopped tomatoes and 1/2 cup chopped basil, and cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Toss with pasta, and top evenly with 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese.