Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mardi Gras Vegetable Dip



When I came across the original recipe that this dish is based on, I knew I had to make it. When I made the original recipe, though, it definitely left alot to be desired.  It was too spicy, salty, full fat and , in my humble opinion, the flavors didn't blend well.  I did think that the title of the recipe and the concept had potential, so I started playing. It is important to note that this recipe does not have any additional salt. The salt content will come in through the worcestershire sauce and the creole seasoning.

I do get my veggies in. I love veggies and can go through almost an entire bag of baby carrots a day! I love to partner fruit and vegetables up with a low fat dip or switch out ingredients which are classified as low fat for full fat ingredients and this recipe was no different. I also halved this recipe as I will be making a huge Fat Tuesday dinner tonight.

This will be a staple in my dips, as it was tasty and different from most dips I have tried. I could also see this being used as a salad dressing.

So, here we go:

Ingredients:

1 cup light or fat free mayonnaise ( I used light)
3 tbsp. finely chopped onion 
1/2 tsp. vinegar 
1 tbsp. chopped chives 
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp. pepper 
1 tbsp. Creole seasonings (or to taste. I actually bumped up the amount because I like Creole spiciness)

Directions:

1) Mix all ingredients together and cover.

2) Place into the fridge until you are ready to use. I like to give it enough time to really give the flavors to blend.

No comments:

Post a Comment