Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Susan Mallery's Sunset Bay Chicken Thighs


 

Adapted: Susan Mallery.com
Link: http://www.susanmallery.com/recipes.php

Susan Mallery is a member of my group, Sisterhood of the Traveling Book, on Goodreads. When she first joined (after I swallowed my tongue that a New York Times best selling author would join our little group),  I decided that I had to investigate her works further. Well, I was wandering all around her website, Susanmallery.com and stumbled upon her recipe page. Being the foodie that I am, I made a beeline for there and came across a very large number of scrumptious recipes that I ended up trying. One that has become a regular part of the Blackburn family menu has been her Sunset Bay Chicken Legs. Because I am not a leg girl, I switched it to thighs and prefer it much more. This is a very simple recipe to make and has some rockin' results. The house smells SO good whenever I make this dish! Although Susan says to get rid of the butter mixture after baking, I keep it and it becomes an awesome topping for white rice. Do a side of corn and you have an awesome, whole family meal for even the pickiest eaters!

So, here we go!:

Ingredients:
1 Stick Butter/Margarine
1/2 t. jarred garlic
1/4 c. lemon juice
1 t garlic powder
½ t Black pepper
½ t Cayenne pepper
1 T Mixed herbs (oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, parsley, or a combination of the
above)~ I normally use a teaspoon each of Oregano, Basil and Parsley
6 chicken thighs (Susan calls for 12 chicken legs)
Directions:

1) In a small sauce pan, melt butter or margarine and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Add garlic, lemon juice, garlic powder, pepper, cayenne pepper and mixed herbs. Stir until well blended.


3) Place thighs in a 9x13 pan and pour butter mixture over all. Turn pieces to ensure coverage.


4) Bake for 40 minutes or until chicken reaches and internal temperature of 180 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment