I loved this little dish that reminded me of a twist on scalloped ham and potatoes. This was pure comfort food with its' cheesiness and smoked sausage flavors. I made this in an 8x8 inch pan, but because it was so filling, my family was able to eek out 4 servings.
3 cups potatoes peeled, cut into 1 inch cubes and boiled
4 T. Butter
4 T. Flour
2 cups milk
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
8 oz package Velveeta Cheese
1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1 inch slices
1/8 t. paprika
1) Brown the sausage in a frying pan.
2) Mix browned sausage with potatoes in a large bowl.
3) In a large sauce pan, melt butter, flour, milk, salt, pepper and Velveeta one at a time stirring each time until smooth.
4) Pour sauce over potato mixture and stir. Pour into a prepared 2 qt casserole. Top with the shredded cheddar and paprika.
5) Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Take out when golden brown on top.