Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Blarney Stone Bread (Bread Machine Recipe)


Adapted: Irish Food and Drink Recipes
Link: http://www.amazon.com/Irish-Food-Drinks-Recipes-ebook/dp/B005EHQJ1I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331214998&sr=8-1


I made an Irish Pub Stew today and wanted some fresh, homemade bread to go with it to soak up the wonderful sauce of the stew. Thumbing through the book, I stumbled upon a recipe for Blarney Stone Bread which uses my bread machine. I could have the taste of homemade bread without the work. I must admit, I have never used my bread machine to fully bake a loaf of bread and normally use the dough cycle, but I had a very large number of things going on yesterday and decided there is always a time for firsts. I am thrilled with the outcome. It matched beautifully with stew and I had a pub quality meal with little time! I even toasted a bit of it this morning with butter and jam and it was YUMMY! It had a "thickness" to it which can really stand up. Now that I made it the first time, it will definitely be a staple in my home.

On a side note, I made no changes to this recipe.

So, here we go:

Ingredients:

1 cup old fashioned oats
1 1/4 cup milk (I used fat free milk right out of the fridge and it was fine)
1 egg, lightly whipped
1 1/2 tablespoons butter chopped into small bits
3 tablespoons honey
3 cups BREAD flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast

Directions:


1) Place ingredients in machine's bread pan in the order listed above

2) Use your favorite bread machine setting. I used 1.5 lb loaf

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment