Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Monday, March 26, 2012

Crock Pot LOW FAT Pumpkin Spice Latte


Adapted: Stephanie O'Dea

As I have mentioned in earlier posts, I am a huge fan of Stephanie O'Dea. I don't pay full price for alot of cookbooks, but I do for hers. They are used minimally of once a month and have a prominent place on my bookshelves for easy access.

On that note, I love Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks. Like Shamrock Shakes from McDonald's used to be for me. Lightened up Pumpkin Spice Lattes are my new favorites that I have to wait for once a year. Until now. I can have these as often as I like without the $5 price tag! One other thing that I need to mention is that I am cheap...if I can make it at home for less money, that is what is going to happen.

I have been known to whip this up the night before and throw it in the crock pot as I am getting ready for work. I then throw it in my coffee travel cup while heading out the door for the day. It also reheats well so I can drink it over two days.

So, thanks to Stephanie O'Dea for this wonderful recipe and here we go!!

Ingredients the way I make it:

1 cup STRONG brewed coffee
2 cups FAT FREE milk
2 T. canned pureed pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 T. Equal
2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
Fat Free canned whipped cream
Extra pumpkin pie spice for topping

Directions:

1) Place first 6 ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
2) Cook on high in a 2 qt crock pot for 2 hours.
3) Ladle finished drink into a mug or coffee travel cup and top with whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment