Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Friday, June 8, 2012

Tilapia Baked in Parchment with Tomatoes and Basil




One of my favorite new cookbooks that I have downloaded for free from Kindle has been Simple Easy Gourmet: Fish by Jenny Clark. Now, it is no longer on there so me thinks there is something "fishy" (bahahaha) going on here!

Any how, I loved the freshness and simpleness of this fish. To boot, it was easy to prepare and I was able to just whip it up..throw it in the oven and eat 20 minutes later. To make the prep really easy, I chopped the veggies earlier in the day and when I got home simply threw everything together! Pair it with rice and a veggie to complete your meal.

So, here we go!

Ingredients:

4 (4 oz) Tilapia fillets
4 T. BUTTER
1.5 t. jarred garlic or 3 cloves chopped
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
4 FRESH basil leaves, chopped
1/4 cup dry white whine
1 T. Paula Deen's House Seasoning

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees and tear off a 12x18 sheet of parchment paper.

2) Place fish on one half of the paper and then top with butter and then veggie mixture (garlic, tomatoes, basil). Pour wine over all. Finally, sprinkle with PDHS.



3) Fold parchment paper to seal. I use staples to make sure it is closed and place packet on a cookie sheet.


4) Bake in oven for 20 to 25 minutes and remove.

No comments:

Post a Comment