Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Spinach with Sesame and Garlic (Serves 2)

Adapted from: Easy and Delicious Vegetable Dishes by Eleanor Day
I just got my first Kindle for Christmas last year. Yes, I know that I am WAY behind the times. One of the things I love about my Kindle that I can't believe I was missing out on was all of the free cookbooks you can get from Amazon. Some are really bad, but there are some gems can be found in there too! Any who, a bit ago there was a cookbook, Easy and Delicious Vegetable Dishes by Eleanor Day, that I came across and I love. I would love to give you the Amazon link but at time of this post, it didn't come up on Amazon.com! Hmmmmm???

In there was a spinach dish, called Spinach with Sesame and Garlic, which is simple and very tasty. It is a nice compliment to a meal which is rich and you don't want too many rich things competing with one another.

So, here we go:

Ingredients:

2 T. Sesame oil
1 Bag Spinach Leaves or Baby Spinach
Roasted sesame seeds
Minced garlic
Dash of lemon juice (optional)

First things first:

To roast your sesame seeds, take a small frying pan and place desired amount of sesame seeds in the pan. I love sesame seeds so I did 2 T., but it is totally up to your taste buds. Stirring CONSTANTLY...and I do mean constantly..these little buggers burn fast...cook until they are slightly brown. Remove from pan immediately.



So, here we go:

Directions:

1) Spray a pan liberally with cooking spray (yes, I know I like my cooking spray..I should own stock!) and pour in 2 T. sesame oil into pan.

2) Add minced garlic and cook until slightly browned. Place spinach leaves in the pan and cook down until wilted. Top with sesame seeds and lemon juice, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment