Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Dry Adobo Seasoning



I know Summer is coming when I make big batches of my Adobe seasoning! I tried a commercially prepared Adobo in a recipe for Ropa Vieja and it was so salty, I ended up having to throw out a $30 dinner! I said never again and looked at what was in it and came up with this. I am very big into how much salt go into my seasonings, so this isn't overboard! Adobo seasonings come in two types. Either a liquid or dry. I prefer the dry due to shelf life and versatility in dishes I can use it in. I don't need to alter the liquids in my dishes to make up for the liquid in the Adobo and I really haven't seen a taste difference in the two. During the late Spring and Summer months, when I am cooking Latin inspired foods like there is no tomorrow, I double, triple and quadruple this recipe at the beginning of the season and use it in almost everything I cook!!

So, here is a basic recipe!

4 Tablespoons Kosher salt
3 Tablespoons Onion Powder
3 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
3 Tablespoons COARSE Ground Pepper
1 Tablespoon Dried Oregano

Directions:

1) Mix all ingredients in an airtight container. Product can be stored for up to 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment