Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Cuban Spiced Pork Tenderloin

adapted: sweetnicks.com

OK, this was some tasty pork. I came across this recipe on Pinterest and KNEW I needed to make it for my family. The pork was tender, tasty and partnered with a margarita and the soffrito rice, a nice Mexican meal!

My only criticism was that, for me, it was a bit salty for me. Now, I am not sure how to correct that since the saltiness came from the Montreal Steak Seasoning. I might decrease the amount of MSS, but probably not. Make sure your tenderloin is the right size!

So here we go:

Ingredients:

2 pork tenderloins totalling 2.5 lbs
2 t. jarred chopped garlic
8 bay leaves
2 t. ground coriander
1 T. ground cumin
2 T. Montreal Steak Seasoning
Olive Oil

Directions:

1) Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Cut 4 slits into each loin and stuff garlic into each slit.

2) Combine next 4 ingredients crushing the bay leaves.

3) Rub tenderloins with olive oil and then with the spice mixture.

4) Roast for roughly 30 minutes. Allow to rest for 5 minutes and then cut into 1/2 inch slices. Partner with Soffrito Rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment