Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Monday, August 5, 2013

Stephanie O'Dea's Funeral Potatoes




I have been going ga-ga over +Stephanie ODea's upcoming cookbook 365 Slow Cooker Suppers since I've seen it.  I reviewed it and have already had the opportunity to test 4 recipes from this cookbook and ALL have been winners. This tasty potato dish was the first one that caught my eye and it did not disappoint. It was all kinds of cheesy ham goodness. The picture really doesn't do the dish justice, but it photographed even worse on the plate. But don't let that fool ya! An entire 6 quart slow cooker was gone by the next day.

Out September 24, 2013!

On that note, here we go!:

Ingredients:

1 (26 oz) bag frozen hash brown potatoes (without onions/green peppers)
1 onion, diced
2 cups diced ham (I did 3 cups because we love ham!)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup milk
1 cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard

Directions:

1) LIBERALLY spray a 6 qt. slow cooker with cooking spray. Trust me with this one. You want it liberally sprayed!

2) Place potatoes in the crock pot.

3) In a large bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and stir well. Pour over potatoes.

4) Cover. Cook on low for 7 hours. For the last 30 minutes of cooking remove crock pot lid and allow the dish to brown. 

5) I served with corn on the cob, tomatoes from my garden and cottage cheese. It was PERFECT!


No comments:

Post a Comment