Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Snow Cream Martini with White Chocolate Rimmer


Adapted: The Sweet Magnolias Cookbook

When I reviewed this cookbook and came across this recipe, I was immediately drawn to it. It was the first tini that I had ever seen that was made with sweetened condensed milk and that used a blender versus a shaker. So, I was game. I will try anything once. (OK maybe not anything!)

While the tini was good, it wasn't great. At least that was my opinion. My husband, on the other hand, loved it. I couldn't get past the icy taste to the tini. I like my cream based tinis creamy and this just didn't have that. One of the other things that did me in was that it separates, like ice milk, when it sits.

I will be making my own version of this tini that will be much more creamy and not depend on ice being added to it.

So here we go!:

Ingredients:

1.5 cups vanilla vodka
1/2 cup WHITE chocolate liquor (dark chocolate can't be substituted here)
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
3 cups small ice cubes

Optional:

White chocolate rimmer
whipping cream

Directions:

Optional:

Melt white chocolate in a double boiler. Very gently, swirl the rim of the martini glass in the melted chocolate. If desired, splash chocolate on the insides of glasses. Place in freezer to allow to firm while the rest of the drink is prepared.

Directions-Tini:

1) Place all ingredients in blender and process until smooth.

2) Top with whipped cream and additional white chocolate, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment