Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Monday, February 4, 2013

Caribbean Dew



I was in the middle of posting a review for Electric Lemonade for the blog when I figured out that I had no 7-up in my house. Not wanting to disturb my work in progress, I grabbed a can of Mountain Dew and used it in place of the 7-Up. I also layered it for effect versus blending it, which is done in an Electric Lemonade. My camera and the BLINDING sunlight didn't capture just how pretty this drink was.

My drink recipe tasters LOVED this switch. They stated it gave it a nice tangy twist. Although you could use vodka in this recipe, rum is more authentic to the Caribbean, so I only use rum in Caribbean drinks. I used a white rum in this one.

So, here we go!:

Ingredients:

1.5 oz white rum
.5 oz Blue Curacao
2 oz sour mix
Mountain Dew

Directions:

1) In a metal shaker, fill with ice. Pour first three liquids into shaker and shake for 60 seconds. Pour ingredients into a TALL glass such as a hurricane glass.

2) Top with Mountain Dew and garnish with an orange slice.

No comments:

Post a Comment