Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook by Deb Perelman





Book: The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook
 
Author: Deb Perelman
 
Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: A collection of the author's recipes from her blog. Included were breakfast, main entrees, salads, sandwiches, vegetarian and desserts.
 
My rating: 2.5 Stars
 
My opinion: First, I must state that the photography in this book was gorgeous! On that note, although the recipes in this book looked good, I thought the better chunk of the recipes were a bit more "upscale" and used for entertaining purposes versus daily dinner recipes. I believe I targeted 10-15 of the recipes for copying. This was out of approximately 100 recipes.

The notes and tips section in this book are a must. She includes some really unusual tips that I loved.

One of the biggest things that irked me was how the recipes were laid out. Ingredients were laid out on one page and directions on another page. For a cook using this book in a kitchen, that would be mighty inconvenient. 
 
Source: Library
     
Would I recommend? : Maybe take a look at it from a bookstore or your library before purchasing.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment