Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Crockpot Sweet and Sour Pot Roast-Stephanie O'Dea


Followed the Pub and Grub for even the shortest amount of time and you know what a HUGE Stephanie O'Dea fan I am. Her crock pot foods are unusual, fun and family friendly.


She just had a new cookbook come out that is specifically been dedicated to dinner recipes and it is rockin'. I have had a blast taste testing the best recipes for Pub and Grub followers. Haven't tried her cookbooks, I encourage you to do so.

One such recipe is her Sweet and Sour Pot Roast, which was a really unique blend. Now, Stephanie recommended serving it with mashed potatoes or baked potatoes. I chose to do rice as I felt that it would have too heavy to partner it with the potatoes. Also, the rice complemented the juices from the roast perfectly. On that note, I had some leftover mashed potatoes that my husband used up with them and he said that they were just as good.

So, here we go!:

Ingredients:

4 lb beef rump or chuck roast
2 onions sliced
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes UNDRAINED
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup dark brown sugar (I used light and it was fine)
1/4 cup soy sauce
4 garlic cloves, diced or 2 t. jarred garlic

Directions:

1) Place rump roast and onions in crock pot.

2) In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, ketchup, brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic. Pour over roast/onions.















3) Cook on low for 8 hours or until the meat has "relaxed and begun to lose shape."

No comments:

Post a Comment