Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Jenny's Cuban Style Slow Cooker Chicken Fricassee





Is it a stew? Is it a soup? How about a little bit of both?

I must admit that it was the crock pot and Cuban flair that had me looking twice at this recipe. I am not shy about how much I love Latin inspired cooking. This recipe screamed rib sticking simplicity and it didn't fail to deliver. Loaded down with veggies and the chicken thighs, as well as the seasonings, my house smelled WONDERFUL when I walked in that night.

I didn't remove the skin from my chicken thighs until I was ready to serve it. When I make this the next time, I will be sure to do so. It was just a tad more "greasier" than what I would have liked. I partnered with corn bread for the perfect meal.

Ingredients:

1 large onion, chopped
3 t. jarred garlic
1 green pepper, chopped
8 new potatoes, quartered
1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
1/2 c. dry white wine
1/2 tablespoon cumin
1 large leaf fresh sage
2 lbs chicken thighs
salt/pepper to taste

Directions:

1) Place chicken thighs in crock pot.

2) Combine onion, garlic, green peppers and potatoes in a large bowl. Add tomato sauce, wine, cuming and sage. Stir until well blended. Pour over chicken.

3) Cook on low for 8 hours. Ladle into bowl and serve with corn bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment