Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Honey Beer Chicken Breasts






This recipe proves that beer isn't just for drinking anymore! Not only was this recipe simple; it was delicious! It was prepared in about half an hour so it is easy enough for a weeknight meal. I served the sauce with rice and my family just couldn't get enough.

This recipe originally came from Cooking Light magazine, but I found it on So, How's It Taste. I must admit that the original recipe would not have fed my family so I had to increase it. What I loved most about this recipe? A ton of favor with only 4.5 grams of fat and 245 calories.

Here is how I did it:

Ingredients:

2 tsp. canola oil
6 (6 oz.) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/8 tsp. salt
2 shallots, chopped
3/4 cup beer
3 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
1.5 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1.5 tbsp. honey

Directions:


1) Place a heavy skillet over medium to high heat. Add oil.
2) Salt and pepper the chicken breasts to taste and place in skillet
3) Fry breasts for 5 minutes each side and set aside in a warmed oven.
4) Add shallots to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes.
5) In a bowl, mix beer, soy sauce, mustard and honey.
6) Pour mix to the skillet, and bring to a boil while constantly stirring.
7) Return breasts to pan and simmer for 15 minutes. I added the juices back into the pan as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment