Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Monday, June 24, 2013

Mexican Sangria





Adapted: Design Sponge

In finding sangria recipes for Bette Lee Crosby's Words, Wit and Wisdom's Midweek Mixers I came across this recipe on Pinterest. I had done white wine sangria for the other selections and wanted a red wine based sangria for the last one of the series. The fact that this sangria was partnered with tequila made it a must made. As usual, FRESH SQUEEZED juices are a must!

This recipe was very different. In speaking with my husband (my official drink taste tester), both of us agreed that first drink, this drink had a very unusual taste. Then it took off and had a very nice balance to it. It wasn't the overly sweet sangria that you get with white sangrias which ended up making it very mellow. The fruit soaked up the yummy sangria.

This would be an incredible partner to Mexican food versus the standard margarita. I know I will be making this a whole lot more.

So here we go!:


Ingredients:

1 bottle red wine

1 cup SILVER/BLANCO tequila

1/2 cup FRESH SQUEEZED orange juice (I used Florida juice oranges)

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup FRESH SQUEEZED lime juice

sliced fruits-I used apples, raspberries oranges and a lime

Directions:

VERY IMPORTANT #1!! 1) Place ingredient in the pitcher in the order given. Stir gently to dissolve the sugar.

VERY IMPORTANT #2!! 2) THIS SANGRIA MUST BE SERVED WELL, WELL CHILLED!!!!  (Have I stressed that it needs to be well chilled enough. Be sure to give a minimum of 4 hours prior to serving.)

3) When ready to serve, rim sangria glass with lime juice and brown sugar. Fill glass with ice and pour sangria over ice. Be sure to top with some of that awesome fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment