Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Friday, April 12, 2013

Bread MACHINE Cinnamon Rolls



Link: http://acowboyswife.com/cinnabons-for-the-bread-machine/

Yes, I did say BREAD MACHINE Cinnamon Rolls. The original poster of the recipe was called them Cinnabons. Now, I wouldn't go that far, but dang they were good. The pan went quickly in my house. They took about 3 hours from start to finish.

Now, it is very rare that I copy a recipe verbatim from the original poster. Normally I am putting my own spin on the recipe and everything, but I didn't play with these so I have included the link from A Cowboy's Wife above to ensure a full understanding of the recipe. I LOVED her idea regarding the raising of the dough...simply ingenious!

INGREDIENTS
Dough-2 pound ingredient
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 4 Tbsp. Melted butter
  • 4 Tbsp. water
  • ½ box instant vanilla pudding (3.4 oz box)
  • 4 cups Bread flour
  • 1 Tbsp. Sugar
  • ½ tsp. Salt
  • 2 ½ tsp. Bread machine yeast
FILLING
  • ½ cup butter, softened
  • 1 Cup brown sugar
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • ¼ cup chopped walnuts, opt.
  • ¼ cup raisins, opt
FROSTING 1 (Real Cinnabon Frosting) -This is the recipe I used. I don't know if I would use it again.

  • 4 oz. Cream cheese, room temp. (With walnuts and raisins)
  • ¼ cup butter, softened (this is awesome)
  • 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
  • ½ tsp. Vanilla
  • 1 ½ tsp. Milk
  • 3 Tbsp. real Maple Syrup
FROSTING 2 (not the real thing, but good)
  • 1 tsp. milk
  • 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
  • 4 Tbsp. butter, softened
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1½ Tbsp. milk
PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS
1) Place all ingredients in your machine in order recommended by your machine’s manufacturer.

2) Place the pan in your machine.
3) Select the dough cycle and press start.
4) When cycle is finished, remove the dough, knead enough to punch down and roll to 17×10.
5) Combine first 3 filling ingredients and mix well.
6) Heat in microwave 10 seconds. To make spreadable.
7) Spread over rolled out dough with rubber spatula. Get as close to the edges as possible. Sprinkle nuts or raisins over dough, if desired.
8) Starting with widest end, roll the dough into a tight log.

9) Cut into ½ to 1” slices.

10) Place in a lightly greased baking dish with sides.
11) Place in a warm draft free place and allow them to rise until double. (I turn my oven on warm and place them inside. When the temp light goes off, turn off the oven.)
12) Let them rise 20-30 minutes this way. (Take out to heat oven to baking temp)
13) Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
14) When the rolls are done top with frosting of your choice.

A note: WHEN I make these again, I will use a bigger pan. I thought it was a bit too tight of a fit for a 9x13 pan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment