Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Monday, April 22, 2013

Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs


I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com. The recipe included a recipe for a BBQ sauce but those commenting on the recipe really panned the sauce and suggested either finding another homemade sauce or using a bottled sauce. I ended up just using a bottled sauce. This recipe was so simple though it wasn't even funny. In my crock pot, The ribs only took 5 hours to get to the next level. Also, I love the smokey flavor of charcoal grilling on my ribs, so I added another step of throwing them on the grill for 10 minutes and adding another layer the BBQ sauce.

These ribs were so tender that they literally fell apart in the crock pot. I will never make ribs in another way. I partnered with Tricia Yearwood's Crockpot Mac and Cheese and corn on the cob.

So, here we go!:

Ingredients:

4 lbs Pork Baby Back Ribs
Salt/pepper to taste
4 cups BBQ sauce

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Salt/pepper ribs. Place ribs in oven and brown for 15 minutes each side.

2) Place ribs in a 6 qt crock pot and pour sauce over ribs and turn to coat. Let cook for 5-7 hours.

3) If desired, throw ribs on grill for 10 minutes and slather another layer of sauce on ribs.

How simple is that?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment