Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Naomi's Perfect Steamed Spinach



This is my all time FAVORITE way to eat fresh spinach. I can eat bags of this stuff by myself and have been since I was a little girl. I partnered this with my Lemon Chicken and the lemon in the spinach really complimented it.

Bags of spinach that you get from the store doesn't go far when it has been steamed so if you are cooking for more than 2 people, add bags of spinach. I have determined that one bag of spinach equals two servings.

So here we go!:

Ingredients for 2 servings:

1 bag fresh spinach
1/4 cup water
2-3 tablespoons butter 
salt/pepper to taste
1/2 lemon fresh squeezed
grated Parmesan cheese to taste, if desired

Directions:

1) In a large pan WITH A TIGHT FITTING LID, place spinach and water. Allow to cook down under medium heat.

2) Once cooked down, add butter, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Stir to make sure spinach is well covered

3) If desired, top with Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment