Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Monday, April 22, 2013

Luau Cupcakes



Every month for my live book club I make several fresh baked goods that allow me to try new stuff for The Pub and Grub without having it sit around my house. I found this recipe on Pinterest (of course) and they went over big to those who tried them.

I love the softness of the pineapple cake and the toasted coconut. I even over toasted my coconut a bit and it was fine. Be sure to use fresh pineapple chunks for your decoration. It really did something versus using the canned chunk that was called for.

Ingredients:

1 box vanilla cake mix (ingredients for cake prep)
Approximately 8 oz pineapple juice
fresh pineapple chunks
1 container whipped white frosting
2 cups sweetened coconut
maraschino cherries

 
Instructions

1) Prepare cupcakes according to package directions. Replace pineapple juice for the water called for in the recipe. Bake cupcakes according to package. Cool cupcakes completely.

2) Toast coconut in a frying pan on medium low heat. Set aside and allow to cool.

3) Frost cupcakes with a spatula with white frosting.

4) Dip the cupcakes in the toasted coconut.

5) Place a piece of pineapple on top along with a cherry.

No comments:

Post a Comment