Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Mexican Cheeseburger Casserole






Holy cow, Batman! I can't remember where I found this recipe, but this dish is SO tasty, yet so simple! To save a bit of time, a better chunk of it can be prepared early and then finished up at dinner to get it on the table quicker. I partnered with my Mexican Rice that really complimented that wonderful, creamy sauce. If I had to describe this dish, I would say that it reminded me of a ground beef burrito without the tortilla. Even the leftovers were tasty!

Note: Use a higher fat ground beef for this recipe. I used a lower fat recipe. When I make this again however; I will use a higher fat meat. I did notice that the lower fat meat had a hard time staying together and binding.

Note 2: Next time I make this, I will serve with garnishes of chopped tomatoes, lettuce,salsa and/or sour cream.

So, here we go:

Ingredients:

1.5 lbs ground beef, formed into 6 patties and dredged in flour
3 cups Mexican blend cheddar cheese
2 cans cream of chicken soup
3 cans (4oz each) diced grean chiles

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, fry burgers until only brown and transfer to a prepared 9x13 pan.

2) In a large bowl, combine soup and green chiles. Pour over burgers and top with cheese.

3) Bake in oven for about 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment