Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Naomi's Perfect Chicken Noodle Soup



This Winter, the Blackburn's saw a whole lotta illness in our home. My homemade chicken soup was a frequent request from my son and husband. I love the simplicity yet downright comfort of this recipe. I can just sit and eat bowls of this stuff because it is just perfect! Just like Grandma's!

The noodles can either be added to the soup mixture or boiled separately and added to the soup. I prefer the later just simply because I don't want the starch off the noodles in my soup.


Ingredients:

5 Bone in, Skin on Chicken Breasts
6 qts water
6 qts chicken broth
1 lb bag baby carrot, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
4 stalks celery, chopped
6 chicken bouillon cubes
Salt, pepper as desired
1 bag Amish noodles

Directions:

1) Place chicken breasts in a large soup pot and cover with water (normally about 6 qts) and boil for about 1 hour. Once cooked, remove breasts from water, remove meat from bones and shred in large chunks.

2) Return the chicken to the pan and discard the bones. Add the next 6 ingredients and allow to simmer for another hour. In the meantime, cook noodles in a separate pan or add to the soup after the hour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment