Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Thursday, March 14, 2013

"Almost a Candy" Bar



I rue the day I came across this recipe on Pinterest. Originally pinned by Marty's Musings, I had made these bars for the library staff where I am a patron. Problem was that I forgot to take them to them when we went. This left the entire pan for my family to eat and eat it we did! They were so addicting.

On top of it, they were incredibly simple to make. I whipped them together in 15 minutes and then baked them. Because I am not a huge fan of butterscotch, I omitted the chips and went with a cup and a half each of the white and chocolate chips. I must admit that they needed the butterscotch chips. Next time I make them (and there will be plenty of next times) I will make sure to include the butterscotch chips.

So here we go!:

Ingredients:

1 pkg. devil’s food cake mix
1/2 cup margarine or butter (softened)
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup Heath English toffee bits
1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk

Directions:

1) Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl, combine cake mix and margarine; with pastry blender or fork, cut in margarine until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly in bottom of greased 9×13 baking dish.

2) Sprinkle with the butterscotch, white and chocolate chips. Top with the Heath chips. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over all.

3) Bake for 30-40 minutes. Allow to cool thoroughly and then cut into bars.



No comments:

Post a Comment