Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Friday, March 29, 2013

PERFECT Turkey






I called this turkey exactly what it is...PERFECT! I found this recipe on Food.com and am happy that I did. This is now the only recipe that I use for my turkeys. It is moist and a nice blend of flavors that steam into the meat. We NEVER have leftovers when I make this turkey. Oh, and the gravy...goodness the gravy is as superb as the turkey. Did I mention how simple and error-proof this recipe is too?

So, here we go!:


1 turkey, thawed with giblets and neck removed  (I use a 10 lb Turkey)
4 sprigs rosemary
4 sprigs thyme
4 sprigs sage
1 lemon, halved
1 apple, halved 
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (or to taste) 
 
Directions:
 
1 Wash turkey and pat dry.
 
2 Place all of the herbs, all the butter, half the lemon and half the apple into the body cavity. 
 
 
3 Place the other half of lemon and apple into the neck cavity.
 
4 Truss the turkey with kitchen string.

5 Rub canola oil all over the turkey and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.

6 If you're using an oven bag, place the turkey in the bag at this point, following the directions on the box. I put about 1 tablespoon of water into the bag.

7 Roast in a 350 degree oven until themometer inserted in the thigh reads 180 degrees. 
 
8 You may want to adjust the oven temperature to 325 if you're not using an oven bag.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment