Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Easy Baked Macaroni and Cheese








To partner with my Baked Chicken Tenders, I was looking for a really simple mac and cheese recipe. I didn't want to put a ton of time into it, as I had an incredibly busy day and the last thing I wanted to do was spend any time in the kitchen. I went on a search and found this recipe on Allrecipes.com.

As I read the reviews of it, one of the consistent comments was that the the dish was not cheesy enough or had enough butter so I boosted those two ingredients. I found that it worked out well.

While I wouldn't serve this recipe as an entertainment dish, it was perfect for a dinner side. It whipped up quickly and had just the enough amount of cheese, yet it wasn't as smooth as I normally like.

Ingredients:


1 (12 ounce) package
macaroni
1 egg
2 cups milk
4 tablespoons butter, melted
4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
 
Directions:
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
 
2)  In a large pot of salted water, lightly boil the macaroni for about 5 minutes until half-cooked. Be very careful not to overcook macaroni. Return macaroni to pan.
 
3) Whisk the egg and milk together in a large bowl. Add butter and cheese to the egg and milk. Stir well. Pour the egg and cheese liquid over the macaroni, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and stir well.
 
4) Place the lightly cooked mixture into the prepared baking dish. Press the mixture evenly around the baking dish.
 
5) Bake uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the top is brown.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment