Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Baked Chicken Tenders






I found this recipe on Pinterest, which was based off the recipe from Bisquick.

My family loves a good chicken finger and this one wasn't bad. To boot, it was baked which made it even healthier. I partnered it with Easy Baked Macaroni and Cheese and cheese recipe and corn on the cob. One thing that my family and I decided was that they definitely needed a sauce as they were kind of dry without them. As we were trying to figure out the sauce, we decided that Buffalo Wild Wings Parmesan Garlic sauce would have been perfect. My son did a buffalo wing sauce and he said that it worked well with the tenders, as well.

The original recipe called for the tenders to be double dipped but I found that to be unnecessary. I do think nest time I make these though I will give that a try.

So, here we go:

3/4 cup Bisquick mix
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 t. paprika
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. garlic powder
1 lb chicken tenders
2 eggs slightly beaten

Directions:

1) Heat oven to 450 degrees. Line a large cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper.

2) Combine baking mix, Parmesan cheese, paprika, salt and garlic powder in a Ziploc bag

3) Dip tenders in egg and shake in mix. Place on cookie sheet.

4) Bake 15 minutes, turning after 8 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment