Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Friday, March 29, 2013

Naomi's Mexican Coffee



I love Mexican Coffee! I love the unusual flavors of it and the rich, chocolaty flavors of it. When I determined what was in it, I knew I could expand on it.  This is the recipe I developed and gotta say that I really enjoy it. Save a bit of the powder to sprinkle on the whipped cream for topping.

So here we go!:

Ingredients:

8 oz VERY HOT strong coffee

In a larger coffee mug blend:

1/4 cup Half and Half
1 T. chocolate syrup
1 T. DARK brown sugar
1 t. Mexican vanilla (regular vanilla can be used too)
1 t. cinnamon
1 oz blanco tequila
.5 oz Kahlua

In a small bowl, combine topping:

1 t. processed cocoa
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. DARK brown sugar

Whipping Cream

Directions:

1) Pour coffee in the cup which the "flavors" have been blended. Stir to ensure they are well blended.

2) Top with canned whipped cream and sprinkle with topping

HOW SIMPLE IS THAT?!?!



No comments:

Post a Comment