Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting



Every month, I attend a live book club at my library. I love bringing fresh baked goods to them and my library staff. It allows me to try out new recipes for the blog and not have them stay at my house to call out to me.

While speaking to the library manager, she talked about her love of anything pumpkin. I remembered seeing this recipe while on Pinterest and thought this would be a perfect time to try it, while giving her a nice treat. It originally was on Taste of Home, which is one of my favorite food magazines.

These cupcakes were even better than what I thought they would be. They were moist and the frosting on the cupcakes were unbelievable. They were even pretty simple to make as well. The recipe garnered about 24 cupcakes.


Ingredients-CUPCAKES

3/4 cup butter, softened
2-1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup buttermilk
Directions-CUPCAKES:

1) In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2) Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pumpkin.
3) Combine the flour, pie spice, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and ginger;
4) Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
4) Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
5) Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6) Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.

Ingredients-FROSTING:

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Directions-FROSTING:

1) In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. 
2) Add the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and cinnamon; beat until smooth.
3) Frost cupcakes, as desired.

4 comments:

  1. Hi there, today I am collecting pumpkin recipes. Please do drop me a line on ca4ole@gmail.com if you are ok with me linking to your post in my blog (Carole's Chatter). Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, Carole...I just saw this! I am so sorry!! You don't have to ask my permission to post my recipes.

      Delete
  2. You are a cruel and sadistic woman. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is what you get for putting all those recipes on FB!

    ReplyDelete