Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Spoon Tacos




OK, I have a secret to tell. I hated my school cafeteria in grade school, but LOVED their spoon tacos.In general, I love tacos so any variation of a taco is ok by me. There is something different about a spoon taco though and  I frequently crave those tasty lil morsels. I finally decided to duplicate the recipe and to make it a tad bit "beefier" and adult friendly than those served by my school.

I found a winner. We loved them. The 9x13 pan was gone by the next day. Garnish them with all the traditional taco garnishments of tomato, lettuce, salsa and sour cream. Trust me, you won't be sorry.

So, here we go!

Ingredients:
2 lbs. ground beef 
1 chopped onion 
Salt to taste
1 t. pepper 
1 t. Garlic powder
1 t. cumin
1/4 c. chili powder
1/2 t. oregano
1 can chili  
1 bag Fritos/corn chips
3 cups Mexican Cheese

Directions:

1) Brown Ground Beef and onion.

2) Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, oregano. Stir.

3) Add chili, stir and set aside.

4) Spray a 9x13 pan liberally with spray. Spread corn chips in bottom of pan. Next layer the beef mixture. Finally, spread the cheese.


5) Bake in 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until cheese is well melted.

6) Garnish with desired condiments as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment