Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken with Fried Rice


I LOVE THIS RECIPE! I have made it so many times it isn't even funny. When I first came across in on Life as a Lofthouse, I only went with the fried rice recipe thinking that the chicken's ingredients seemed pretty gross. I mean really....who uses ketchup in sweet and sour sauce. Then I tried it and realized I WAS WAAAAYYYY OFF!

The prep does take a bit more time, but it is so worth it. My family can eat a ton of this stuff and I have started doubling the recipe to ensure we have enough to munch on for dinner and leftovers. I partnered with Fried Rice and store purchased egg rolls.

I am giving the original recipe, but know that it doubles easily!

So here we go!: 

Ingredients:

Chicken:

3-4 boneless chicken breasts
salt + pepper
1 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup canola oil

Sweet and Sour Sauce: 
3/4 cup sugar
4 tbs ketchup
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
1 tbs soy sauce
1 tsp garlic salt

Directions:
 
1) Preheating oven to 325 degrees. 

2) Rinse chicken breasts in water and cut into cubes. 

3) Season with salt and pepper to taste. Shake chicken in the cornstarch to coat and dip into the eggs.  

4) Heat oil in a large skillet and cook chicken until browned but not cooked through. 



5) Place the chicken in a 9x13 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. 

6) Mix sweet and sour sauce ingredients in a bowl with a whisk. Pour evenly over chicken. 



7) Bake for one hour. During baking process, turn chicken every 15 minutes.   


No comments:

Post a Comment