Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Breakfast Ham Cups



Breakfast for dinner is a frequent occurrence in the Blackburn home. I am not a big breakfast as a meal person, but do enjoy breakfast meals, so dinner is a great place to fit in those recipes.

I came across this recipe on Pinterest, but have seen it in numerous other recipe sites. I had over purchased some ham for a recipe I made and, not wanting it to go to waste, thought this would be a perfect time to try out this really quick to make recipe. I partnered it with sausage, hash browns and toast. It was a perfect, relatively light, meal.

I ended up making 9 cups. My son who ended up reheating his told me that these did not reheat well. They were rubbery and had pockets of "water" in them. I would encourage only to make the number of cups that you want to eat in one sitting. These are so easy to make that it is nothing to throw them together and have them on the table in 20 minutes.

I am giving the recipe for 6 cups. Adjust as desired!

Ingredients:

6 deli ham slices
6 eggs
1/2 cup Co-jack cheese
1/4 green onions, chopped
salt/pepper, as desired

Directions:

1) Spray muffin cups LIBERALLY!! Trust me on this one! Preheat oven to 375 degrees

2) Place a ham slice in each cup and break an egg over ham slice.

3) Sprinkle with salt and pepper, as desired.

4) Sprinkle with 2 T. of cheese and 1/2 T. of  onions



5) Bake for 12-15 minutes until egg is set to desired firmness.




No comments:

Post a Comment